Using Cartographer's Annual Symbols in Fractal Mapper?

Hi everyone, I like to use both Campaign Cartographer and Fractal Mapper to make maps. I was pleased to find out that Campaign Cartographer added many symbols to my Fractal Mapper library when I installed it. Unfortunately, when I installed one of the Cartographer's Annual packs, it did not add any symbols to my Fractal Mapper library. Is there any way to use Cartographer's Annual symbols with fractal mapper, or is that not possible? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If the symbols are raster symbols (png files), you should be able to use them just fine. CC3's native vector symbols cannot be used though.

I don't know exactly how to import the symbols into FM, but you can generally find the symbols installed by the annuals in #Symbols/[MapType]/[AnnualIssueFolder]. From there, you should be able to copy them over to the appropriate location in FM.
  • Ah yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for. All of the pngs are in the directory you mentioned. Thanks a lot!
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited August 2013
    You need to have the PNG symbols here: (If you installed FM8 on a drive other than C, change the letter.)

C:\
    -----Program Files
    ----------NBOS
    ----------------Mapper 8
    --------------------MapArt
    --------------------------TopFolder
    -------------------------------EndFolder

Note the following:

1. If you're using 64-Bit Windows, the folder Program Files should be changed to Program Files (x86)

2. You need to pick a name for TopFolder. As an example, it might be "CC3 Annuals." This is the name that will show up in your FM8 "Symbol Set" menu.

3. You also need to pick a name for BottomFolder. As an example, it might be "Fenlon Style Symbols." This is the name that will show up in your FM8 "Category" menu.

4. You can have as many folders as you want in your "BottomFolder" level, one for each different symbol set, for example.

5, Finally, add the attached "default.xml" file to each "BottomLevel" folder. FM8 needs it to scale the symbols correctly.