Beginner in need of a little guidance...

I'm just getting started with CC3, but it is already giving me some problems. I'm experienced with CAD, so I understand the principles of the program, the interface, tools, etc...

Basically, I'm following along with the Guide -- I created a land mass (easy enough), but for the life of me can't figure out how to get a river to attach to the coastline. I've tried SNAP and ATTACH and ONs, but nothing gets my river to align nicely and flow into the ocean. In fact, my cursor isn't snapping or attaching to anything even when I zoom in and stick the pick cursor directly on a node. For whatever reason it seems to not recognize the landmass as even being there.

In addition, these guides tell me that when something is selected it turns gray, but whenever the command line tells me I have an entity selected (in this case my river) it remains its regular fill color. How am I to know I'm editing the right things?

Lastly (for now), how do I change simple things like the color of a house? When I go into change properties after selecting a house and change the color, nothing happens. It just remains orange.

Thanks for the help.

-g.

Comments

• With the house are you using the Varicolor symbols? and what house exactly?

CC3 has two types of Symbols:

Standard - The color they are is generally the color they'll stay unless you explode them and change them etc
    VariColor - Changes based on the color you have selected.

Vector based ones can be exploded and the symbols color peices changed.. if they are standard.. BITMAP can't they have to be created in vari color form.