City Designer 3 Released

Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
Over the next 24 hours emails will be going out to existing customers about City Designer 3. Please don't ask us (individually) about upgrade status until then. General questions are fine. All the info here, tailored for you, will appear in the these emails.

* If you don't own any previous version of City Designer and you want it - just go ahead and order, you'll get the download now and the physical version (if you order it) in a couple of weeks.

* All CD Pro users who bought on or after 6th June 2007 will get a free upgrade. You can get that already from your order page. A reminder link will be sent in an email. Those who order physical mail order versions will get a voucher to use via they registration page to get the DVD and Essentials guide. If you are retail customer, you'll need to email us from the upgrade page. The rpgnow customers who gave us their emails will get a voucher.

* All other CD2 / CD Pro registered users are entitled to a reduced price discount which is £19.95/$27.95 - a 30% discount from the full price.

Go here for more upgrade details.

Comments

• What about those of us who purchased at GenCon but who are previous Registered users of CD2/CD Pro ? ;)

Also, how do we get the newest download?
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited September 2008
    GenCon 2007 and 2008 users will get a free mail order version. Emails going out tommorrow.

You get the download from your order page in the link we sent out in the email.
  • Okay, I hope I get an email :)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If you're having trouble using the catalog buttons in CD3, it may be your master filters have not installed correctly. Unzip these and add to your registry by double-clicking:
    CD3 Master Filter
  • OK, so I had a buddy purchase the CD3 software at GenCon, and understand I am able to get the free mail out version.

Unfortunately, I cannot download the newest version of CD3 as while the registration page shows I have a registered Serial Number for CD3, when I request the order history for my account, it does not contain anything for CD3.

How can I get around this? (RALF: I just now downloaded the version off the BETA testers list. Is this the same version or has it been upgraded again recently?)

Thanx for all you help
  • Already got my email. Downloading as we speak. Great service!
  • More importantly, when are the Joe Sweeney 'how to' videos for CD3 going to come out:)???
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited September 2008
    Posted By: NeonKnightOK, so I had a buddy purchase the CD3 software at GenCon, and understand I am able to get the free mail out version.

Unfortunately, I cannot download the newest version of CD3 as while the registration page shows I have a registered Serial Number for CD3, when I request the order history for my account, it does not contain anything for CD3.

How can I get around this? (RALF: I just now downloaded the version off the BETA testers list. Is this the same version or has it been upgraded again recently?)

Thanx for all you help
    You can't get the download from the registration page .
    GenCon 2007 and 2008 users will get a free mail order version. Emails going out tomorrow. If we don't have your email, email Ralf. We are now off duty until tomorrow.
  • Posted By: Simon Rogers
    Posted By: NeonKnightOK, so I had a buddy purchase the CD3 software at GenCon, and understand I am able to get the free mail out version.

Thanx for all you help
    You can't get the download from the registration page .
    GenCon 2007 and 2008 users will get a free mail order version. Emails going out tomorrow. If we don't have your email, email Ralf. We are now off duty until tomorrow.
    No I got the email, but it says I need to pay $5 to order the DVD version, and obviously I can then download. But I already purchased the DVD version at GenCon (or at the least a body of mine purchased for me).

I'll wait until tomorrow. Have a good Sleep Simon. You deserve it.
  • limited internet access at the moment. I don't see being able to order right now, but I will try and keep in touch.