a 100 Point D&D Miniature Game Map

This is a battle map I made up for D&D Minis.

Comments

• oooooh that has some very nice features. I especially like the treatmeant you did on game specfic symbols and fonts.
  • Yup this is a nice map. I don't play D&D so I can't comment on any game specific needs, but visually it looks nice.
  • It looks very nice. I like your "difficult terrain" marker as well as the "victory area" designators. They give the map a very "official" look.

A list of fonts used and how you got the "glow" effect on them, and how you created the "official" looking symbols would be nice.

Well done.
  • I really like this. Did you make it using this months (last months?) Battle Map update from the annual ? Which reminds me i really need to buy this years annual !
  • RobRob
    edited September 2008
    not bad at all.. though I pitty the Black Ink/Toner :/ lol.. I like the force wall stuff, though compared to the other walls it's extremely sharp edged.. That on purpose?
  • Thanx for the input, the map was done without the Annual, as I actually tweak, add extra floors, etc, as I do the maps.

I had to make the 'Force' walls a little sharper so they would stand out. After I did the map I had a few folks that play D&D Minis look at it and give some pointers. The changes are shown in the map image below:

• better, much better I forgot the rule that if something takes up more then a certain amount of the square it's considered to be that item in the square.. The map itself is looing great. :) and a Lot better now, the walls don't seem to be really taking up more of the map then the floor.
  • Thanx. For the Actual Minis Game, I put the ravine down the centre to prevent Burrowing creatures from simply burrowing into an opponent's start area to cause havoc. The same goes for the Force Walls to block incorporeal/phasing creature from going there ASAP.

I also thought the spike walls would be fun as it provides a tactical advantage to push/pull/slide effects.