Lost PNG's

I seem to have deleted my whole Cosmic Bodies folder for Cos3 is there a way to recover these PNG's? I went to my TrashCan, yes. I have my can set to empty when I exit windows so nope the PNG's are not there.

I have a lot of changes and mods to my CC3 system that would be destroyed in a reload of the software. The software disk seems inscrutable. Most of the files are labeled in a way that I am sure the programmers understood or executable non-Zip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by me. Especially if I can learn something new in the process. (Yes well besides not to indiscriminately add files to the trash can. I think it was a mistake in drag and drop.)

Thanks much folks,
Opie Wan Kenopie

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Well, if you don't want do do a reinstall or repair-install, I would suggest you install it to another computer (use a virtual machine if you only have one physical computer), then copy the relevant directories over.
  • Monsen,

Thanks thats a good Idea. Thanks I will lwt you know how it works out for me. I wonder if I can just install Cos# standalone or if I need CC3 First I guess that answer will present itself soon.

Thanks again,
    Opie Wan Kenopie
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    My guess is that you'll need CC3 installed first. Installing Cos3 without CC3 installed allows you to install the artwork only, but I don't know if this will provide all the files needed for CC3, since this "artwork-only" installation is intended for when you wish to use the artwork with other programs.
  • Might be just the ticket. As long as the PNG files are there for Cosmo it should be just what I need I still have all the FSC files in place just the path to and the files contained in the cosmo folder are missing. I just need to wait until the other laptop is home. The work of setting up a virtual machine or an external server is kind of a pain. Just for the PNGs. I still have many files to convert and other make work to do before I need Cosmo Cosmic maps.

Opie Wan Kenopie,