CC3 Symbols not selecting

I know this one has been asked before. It has eluded me on the forums though so I apologize now for having to ask it again. It has been a while since I have needed to use my mapping software not being involved in running any games.

I just reloaded all my software onto a new laptop. I can open all my maps and such in CC3 and look at the symbols list used in maps but when I try and select for new symbols they pull up my CC2 symbols only. I know some time ago there was posted a correction for this and I would really appreciate if someone could show me the way again or give me a point to the right search or location in forum to find the answer. All the search phrases I have tried so far got me bupkiss.

Thanks in advance.
OPIE2000 aka - Steve

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Ok, looks like I have fingered it out after some trial and error and some judicious skipping through menu's and lots and lots of four letter word application to the general environment and many comment about the intended purpose of my lap top at its manufacture.

Looks as though at some point the master filter settings for my applications were changed to the older CC2 settings. It may be the addition of some of the upgrades or the order in which I loaded some of the upgrades. That used to be a real big issue at one time but became less of one as newer software was developed. Perhaps I found a chunk of code that I allowed to creep in and change stuff intended to improve older CC2 stuff.

Thanks though folks I am sure I will be begging for help latter as my laptop gets the better of me after days of banging my head on the desk, and threats of turning my mouse into a bird.

OPIE2000