My first map with Fantasy Realm.

Apologies to Mordric, didnt mean to hijack his thread. However it is his map that inspired me here. Feedback is greatly appreciated as I am pretty new to CC3 and map making all together.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    That looks awesome. It's hard to believe you're new to, either, CC3 or map-making. Fantastic map.

My only suggestion would be to put the rivers below the lakes (or the lakes above the rivers...). I especially dig the paw print by the Moaning Towers of the Maghar.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Very nice inland map, it has some rough look over it that I really like.

As Dogtag already mentioned , you should try to fix the rivers.
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    Its a good layout. Lots of opportunities for adventures.
    Relly like the red accents you put in the map, makes it come to life.

I have a few "river" issues though.
    Besides the already mentioned one.

There are rivers running right through the mountains.
    While possible (especially in a fantasy setting) its not very likely.
    Chief
  • edited May 2013
    Appreciate the feedback folks! Thanks. River placement has always been a issue with me for some reason.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2013
    The rivers also appear to split. Again, while possible (in real life), I've been told it's very rare except where a river ends in a delta. Terraformer_Author wrote an amazing, informative article on rivers if you're interested. There is a link in that article for a downloadable PDF version, too. It's not very long but he packs in a lot of info!

I saw your other maps on Vives forum and they're all really good (and they all have the same river characteristics, ha ha)! It blows my mind that you're new at this. Bravo!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    Chief
  • Thanks for the link! Great info! That will help quite a bit from now on.
  • Other than the rivers issue which has already been pointed out, this is a wonderful map! If this what you produce when you are 'new to mapping', I look forward to seeing what you create in the future. I have a feeling I'll be blown away.
    Chief