Now a rainfall issue

When painting rainfall values, I wound up with several small spots (@5 pixels, shaped like an X) of ridiculously high rainfall (like several million inches per year). I was able to get them to go away, but now a large area has a rainfall value of -1.$ in (that's not a typo, there's a dollar sign). I had already posted about my rivers not appearing to run, and I'm wondering if the two issues are related.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Something has happened that caused an infinite result in a computation. There's not much you can do about those holes at this point.
  • 7 months later
  • edited May 2009
    I have the reverse problem. In some areas of my world I have regions with negative rainfall. Surely 0 should be as low as it gets?

I presume there is no way to remove these regions short of either a global raise or trying to locally paint in higher rainfall in these regions?

This seems to apply in versions 2.2 and on, I couldn't check earlier versions as I long ago removed them.
    Using Select>>Rainfall Range should allow you to select all rainfall between a large negative value and zero. Tools>>Global Set>>Rainfall Edit with a value of zero should clip the editing adjustments to a minimum of zero. I don't think this trick will work with infinities, though.
  • OK, I'll give that a try, thanks.
  • This did get rid of the negative rainfall figures in the regions that had it. I still want low rainfall in these regions but now while selected I assume I can lower the rainfall back to a low positive number?
    You should be able to, yes. You can also save the selection to a file using Select>>Save Selection if you expect to need it later for some purpose.
  • Even after all this time there are still things to learn about this program.:)