Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorrivetgeek
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008

When painting rainfall values, I wound up with several small spots (@5 pixels, shaped like an X) of ridiculously high rainfall (like several million inches per year). I was able to get them to go away, but now a large area has a rainfall value of -1.$ in (that's not a typo, there's a dollar sign). I had already posted about my rivers not appearing to run, and I'm wondering if the two issues are related.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008

Something has happened that caused an infinite result in a computation. There's not much you can do about those holes at this point.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009 edited

I have the reverse problem. In some areas of my world I have regions with negative rainfall. Surely 0 should be as low as it gets?

I presume there is no way to remove these regions short of either a global raise or trying to locally paint in higher rainfall in these regions?

This seems to apply in versions 2.2 and on, I couldn't check earlier versions as I long ago removed them.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009

Using Select>>Rainfall Range should allow you to select all rainfall between a large negative value and zero. Tools>>Global Set>>Rainfall Edit with a value of zero should clip the editing adjustments to a minimum of zero. I don't think this trick will work with infinities, though.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran

OK, I'll give that a try, thanks.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran

This did get rid of the negative rainfall figures in the regions that had it. I still want low rainfall in these regions but now while selected I assume I can lower the rainfall back to a low positive number?
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

You should be able to, yes. You can also save the selection to a file using Select>>Save Selection if you expect to need it later for some purpose.
    • CommentAuthorSkaran
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009

Even after all this time there are still things to learn about this program.:)