How to use external symbol catalogues

I often see references to symbols that I should have, but don't. Under CC2 & CC2 Pro, how should downloads be introduced to the main program? I have seen a number of symbols that I want to use, but I am unsure HOW to introduce them to my program! Any thoughts on the matter? Simple, I know.

Thanks,

Sorpaw

Comments

• SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
    edited April 2013
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: SorpawUnder CC2 & CC2 Pro, how should downloads be introduced to the main program?
    It might be good to know more about your problem. You apparently are using CC2 rather than CC3. So one wonders whether you're trying to use raster symbols in CC2. If so, there is no way. The use of raster symbols was introduced in CC3. If the problem is different, try to be more specific. To what symbols are you referring, and how are you trying to get them into CC2?
  • SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
    I AM using CC2/CC2 Pro. How do I tell the difference between raster symbols and others?
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    In the attached graphic, Column 1 gives you a sample of vector symbols and column 2 a sample of raster symbols. Vector symbols can be used in CC2 and CC3. Raster symbols can be used only in CC3.
    temp.png 111.4K
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Raster symbols will be a bunch of bitmaps files, ending with the PNG file extension. They do not work in CC2 Pro - you need CC3 to make use of those.

Vector symbols will be collected in one file, ending with the FSC (FastCAD Symbol Catalog) extension. These work in CC2 pro, but will usually only be available from our user library and a few other places on the web (like my mapsandmore.com page).

Give us an example of symbols that you would like to sue and we can tell you whether those will work for you and if yes, how to install them.