symbol catalogues in dropbox if anybody is keen

Hello. So of late I've been building up some symbol catalogues. Its an addictive pastime :) . Some of these came from attachments posted in these forums but the bulk has come from the Dundjini website ( http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=8 )

I've loaded them into a dropbox account so can post up the link if anybody is keen, got over 1800 of the things. If I've done this right you can browse individual folders or download a RAR file with everything (358mb). Before I put up the link, I just want to check I'm not breaking any laws or ethics. As far as I understand this is ok to do as long as the symbols are not for commercial use.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not made any of these myself, they have come from others with much better skills than mine. Perhaps one day ill look into getting snappy with creating .PNG's. Thank you to all the people who have created these.

So the catalogues are linked relative the to CC3 directory. In CC3 I have these copied in the directory structure:

CC3\Symbols\Mikes PNG Collection\Books & Scrolls etc etc
dunno if you need to do the same or not... I tried to force the symbols to go to the SYMBOL layer and Symbols sheet, but I don't think that worked out too well so you might have to manually change their properties once you put them in a map.

If this is ok to do, I'll put up the link later today.
cheers.

Comments

• I actually think Dunjinni's rules are even less restrictive - I think everything on there is free to use for even commercial use unless explicitly stated otherwise.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    If I were you, I'd be careful. The Dundjinni symbols (in most cases) are free to use in your maps (commercial or non-commercial), but redistributing the symbols yourself, per Dropbox or otherwise, is not authorized. Other people have started distributing Dundjinni symbols and have found C&D orders arriving in their mailboxes. Also remember that people will be most inclined to share their work with us when we respect their owners' rights. When we simply rip things off, that inclination to share will diminish, to the detriment of the whole mapping community. Also remember that anyone who wants the Dundjinni symbols is free to go to the Dundjinni forum and get them themselves.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I am sorry, we can not allow this without verification whether the symbols in question are free to share. And yes, it does mean that you have to clear that with each author, unless the source already makes it clear that any symbols from it are free to re-share (which the Dundjinni forums do not, as far as I know).

This was one of the reasons it took so long to make the CSUAC available again.
  • edited April 2013
    Ok, absolutely no problem at all. I'll delete the symbols from Dropbox now. They have not been shared. I certainly would not want to annoy anybody or make them feel like their hard work is being ripped off.

Thanks for clearing that up.