Abandoned Shrine Battlemap

Here is a battle map I put together recently of an old shrine that has fallen into disrepair. A good place to make the PCs assault or defend.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Very nice! I might make the grid lines a little narrower and/or more transparent, but that depends on how the print is supposed to come out.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2013
    Very nice. I especially like the algae growing in the pool. Out of curiosity, from a gamer's perspective, what is the distance of each square on the grid (5', I'm guessing) and how high is the platform for the shrine?

Looks like a fun place to have a melee — from a player perspective of course; some characters might not agree! image

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    edited March 2013
    Nice battlemap. Needs a few dead players, ehh, characters :-)

Personally i would place the grid underneath the vegetation but thats a personel preference.
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    Very nice useable map
  • @Ralf - I enlarged the grid lines for printing. The smaller lines didn't seem to stand out well enough when printing in color.

@Dogtag - 5' grid (but you could change this to suit your own needs). The platform was intended to be 10' tall (it's shadows are on the same layer as the trees), but you could easily call it 5' if you'd like it to be easier to climb onto.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: johnThe platform was intended to be 10' tall (it's shadows are on the same layer as the trees), but you could easily call it 5' if you'd like it to be easier to climb onto.
    Pfft! Yeah, you could do that, but a 5' fall doesn't cause 1d6 of damage in AD&D! Muah-ha ha ha ha! image *ahem*

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it!
    ~Dogtag