The Cartographer's Annual 2008 - September

Hi folks,

the September Annual on "Battle Maps" is available now for subscribers.

If you haven't subscribed to the Annual 2008, you can find more information here.

Enjoy!

Ciao,
Ralf

Comments

• Thanks ralf,

Oh i just noticed this but might be an idea to point it out.. you need to change your template for the 2008 download page ;) it reads in the title: 2007.

The other thing is that the subscription email etc does the same thing:

Hello
    Thank you for registering with Cartographer\'s Annual 2007.
    Your account has now been created.
    Username: XXXX
    Password: XXXX

skip down a bit and you get told it's the right one though:

Your Membership Details
    Subscription Name: Cartographers Annual 2008
    Access to The ProFantasy Cartographer’s Annual 2008
  • Been playing with it all morning. I play Mage Knight Dungeons a lot so I'm interested in how well I make battle maps for MKD.

I can't seem to find this Cart Path Drawing tool. Where is it? Where is the symbol catalog with the new symbols in it?

Here is a question I have for you. In Mechwarrior Solaris VII terrain on the flat battle maps are outlined in colours like Red for blocking, Green for Hindering Terrain, Blue for water. Is there a simple way of adding a tight outline to the symbols?
  • I can't find the catalog with the 14 new symbols in it...

loyd
  • CC3\Symbols\Dungeons\CA21 Markers.FSC
  • The Markers of note that I know of (Because the specifically pertain to D&D Miniatures), is the Triangle, and the Tree.

TRIANGLE: This denotes difficult terrain, and in D&D means that it costs movement x2 to move into that terrain (does not apply to creatres that fly/burrow/or otherwise ignore terrain.

TREE: This symbol denotes FOREST terrain. in D&D Minis, Forest terrain blocks Line of Sight if the line crosses two sides of the same forest square, and is considered Difficult Terrain.

Symbols that were missed are the following (for those that also play D&D Minis):

MARKET SQUARE
    SLIPPERY TERRAIN

I must commend RALF and Company for the fabulous September addition!

Maybe I'll post up some D&D Mini Maps I made last Year.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Rob pointed to the "Markers" catalog. The cart track drawing tools are among the other Dungeon DD3 Color tools and are called "Path, Cart Tracks*". Click the "All dungoen drawing tools" button to access them.

I'm attaching a simply 5' square outline varicolor symbols that can be used to color-code squares. It should be rather easily adaptable to different grid types.
  • Highland_PiperHighland_Piper Surveyor
    edited September 2008
    Posted By: RalfRob pointed to the "Markers" catalog. The cart track drawing tools are among the otherDungeon DD3 Colortools and are called "Path, Cart Tracks*". Click the "All dungoen drawing tools" button to access them.

I'm attaching a simply 5' square outline varicolor symbols that can be used to color-code squares. It should be rather easily adaptable to different grid types.
    Thank You! I can definately use this! I've added them to my map with a 25 Transparency. works well!

Is there any chance, if it is not too much trouble, that we could get them in hexes (vertical and horizontal) as well?

Thanks for telling me where the Cart Tracks were at. I kept looking in the Paths button or tool menu.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Oh well.... once you've started something. ;)

The attached version has outline for 5' and 10' squares, as well as 5' and 10' hexes in both orientations.
  • Ralph you are da' man! (boy that phrase ages me doesn't it)