Trying to export for MapTools...

I am desperately trying to export a map that I have made to Maptools by RPTools. I am exceedingly frustrated because no matter how exacting I am in following the guides I can never get the darn Maptools grid to line up can someone please give me some advice. i have a game planned for tomorrow night and no maps for my players that will work. PLEASE HELP!!!
I attached the map file here. I am exporting it at 2600 X 10000. I need to get this set as a 50 pixels per 5 foot cell. Standard Dungeons and Dragons 4e.

Comments

• KenGKenG Traveler
    Take this with a big grain of salt cause I have never used Maptools before but I think I once read that it is better to remove the grid from the CC3 map and just use the grid in map tools so they don't have to align.
    Again I might be getting confused with something else but maybe that could help.

Ken
  • Ken. Thanks for the advice. I don't think that I made the issue clear. What is happening is that the grid that is created in CC3 (I am actually building dungeons in DD3) is not a fifty pixel grid so when I export it to an image I cannot get the grid to line up in Maptools using a 50 pixel grid. I have watched videos specifically detailing how to do this. Unfortunately the description is lacking on how to configure this properly. Any additional advice on how to ensure that the grid(s) match up would be tremendously appreciated.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Your map is 275' by 275' feet. As you want 10 pixel per foot, you need to export at 2750x2750 (or preferably at 5500x5500 and scale down by 50% - it will look better).

But do export as a "rectangular section", otherwise you'll catch the border with the rest of the map, and your size will be off. Do "Save as rectangular section PNG", choose 0,0 for the first point (you can type that in or use the grid) and 275,275 for the second.

I don't know how it works in Maptools to add the image and the grid, so I can't really help you beyond this point - but the map will be at the correct size.
  • edited February 2013
    I've had similar problems when exporting to use with VTTs. Every so often you get a few rows or columns that repeat themselves during the rendering process.

I think you get better results by printing to pdf rather than exporting the whole map to a jpg / png. It's also more reliable if you export the map as several smaller images (which will work better in Maptool than one huge image anyway).

I assume that the rendering problem is a similar one to the bug that prevents large "lighted areas" using the dungeon lighting setting from the annual.

I think I have an example of the "repeating rows/columns" problem from a map I used in a play by post game, but I'm at work so I cannot access the maps.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited February 2013
    This export is at exactly 50 pixel to 5 feet:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6261189/Profantasy/Rivenroar%20Start%20Level.JPG

The repeating pixel line shouldn't really be a problem at this scale and size.
  • Thanks to everyone, Ralf especially that got me squared away.