Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorModric
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013

This is a map using the 13th Age map style. It is based on a hand-drawn map from college! Feedback welcome. Cheers.
      13th Age Map .png
    • CommentAuthorLeviathus
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

It's nice to see a 13th Age style map again! I find it hard to make a good looking map with this style, but this looks wonderful! I really like the landmasses!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013 edited

Beautiful work! The landmasses and islands really have a very organic look. Again, we're at the river topic. ;) Rivers do not flow from coast to coast, they start in the mountain and flow to the sea, and very, very rarely split on the way. Take a look here for a natural river system.
    • CommentAuthorModric

Thanks for your comments Ralf. I need to revisit the rivers on this map.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Excellent looking map. The islands are my favorites. Rivers, yes I think almost everyone screws up the rivers the first time LOL. I did.
    JSM
    • CommentAuthorModric

Funny- I randomly generated these names, and I just realized that "Renova" (the name of the map) is a prescription hand cream. Need to change that.
    • CommentAuthorDogtag

Personally, I don't see any reason to change the name of the map. I didn't know about the hand cream thing and, now that I do, I still don't look at your artwork and think, "Too bad it's the name of a hand cream."

I also like the look of the landmasses and, especially, the islands. I also like the forests. It's a very eye-pleasing map!

~Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio

I personally find this style to be among my favourite ones, and when i got time, it will be probably the one i will use for my next map. Looking foward it!
    The landmass is incredibily realist. How did you do it?
    I also don't see the need to change the name. Renova inspires some idea of renewal/revival (which of course the hand cream also conveys) and could be a good story hook.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

Very nice map!
    • CommentAuthorMoskva
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

Posted By: ModricFunny- I randomly generated these names, and I just realized that "Renova" (the name of the map) is a prescription hand cream. Need to change that.

Its just derived from the latin verb renovāre meaning renew, nice name and as Joachim said, maybe a good inspiration for a background story.

Awesome landmass, would make for some interesting conflicts around the western inner sea with all those countries around it.