Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2013 edited

This is a map I did for the BareBones Fantasy RPG. Calling it enhanced parchment style.

Nothing too fancy, just took the same parchment bitmap and made it darker for the mountains and tree areas. Then edited the tree symbols to make lines thicker and replace white tree fill with darker parchment. Found another cool parchment bitmap with the lettering behind it for the background. For behind the text I just made a solid fill of the parchment outlining the text, moved it behind the text and then applied a blur.
      Stevangraad Color 2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

That is a beautiful map. I really like maps that look like these. I just like everything about it. Nice job.
    JSM
    • CommentAuthorDogtag

Agreed! Beautiful map.

And I've always been a big fan of the waves around the coastlines.

~Dogtag
    Really nice stuff...Did you hand-draw the elements (i.e.waves and mountains) or use one of the annuals?
    • CommentAuthorBryan

The mountains are from an old CC2 symbol set from the site:
    http://www.profantasy.com/library/default.asp?Type=FSC&PP=9&Start=190&Image=192&OrderBy=

For the wave I drew a matching line along the coast three times (did not want it to be prefect so did not use offset)
    Then fractal it a bit
    Finally manually did breaks along the lines, increasing the breaks on each line
    • CommentAuthorBryan

Also....thanks a lot for the Kudos, was hesitant about uploading since everyone else does such great work.
    Posted By: BryanAlso....thanks a lot for the Kudos, was hesitant about uploading since everyone else does such great work.

But this is great work too! And a refreshing new view on an old style!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Indeed very nice work with this map! Can you link to the resource you found the parchment bitmaps at?
    • CommentAuthorBryan
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Thanks Ralf, found the parchment in my old CC2 folder so from like 2006 or earlier. I played around with the brightness and contrast quite a bit to get looking like I wanted.