Looking to create circular walls

Hey everyone, I just recently bought CC3 as part of the Fantasy Mapper Bundle. So far everything is coming along nicely. The one thing that's tripping me up and I can't seem to find any information on in the documents, or online, is how to create walls around a circular floor.

So I appeal to the experts here...how do I make these circular walls?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    http://www.profantasy.com/community/user_tutorials.asp

Give those a try, I believe the third one has a neat strategy for creating circular or rounded walls which match up nicely with surrounding walls. The video quality is a bit icky, but it's good enough that you should be able to understand what's going on without issue.

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but if not, hopefully there is something there you can walk away happy with.
  • By circlar walls you mean those that are a complete circle or those that have arc's?

The first are easy to create, just make a circle with a line width... that is your wall color/bitmap on a wall layer, the second is a little harder but can be done in a few ways..

First off you can do it by creating a circle and then slicing/cutting it down to the section you need and joining it to an existing set of all groups.. (I can do a tutorial on this if you want)..

Other wise you can do this.. (quick and dirty example):

Draw your straight line for the first section of the wall.. ie using the wall tool in DD3 or just the line tool. it's a good idea to have snap on, or if you do not have snap on your' going to need attach on in the next section.

Now once that lines drawn click on attach, by rights it should be set to the nearest endpoint by default, if it's not right click on it and change it to it.

Now with attach on click on the arc tool and then click at/near the end of the line you just drew and draw your arc you should have two lines right next to each other.. one will be the arc the other will be the straight line.

Now right click on the explode (looks like a piece of dynimite) and go to Line - Path: click the two lines and then hit d (or right click / done).

You now have two merged lines..

there is likely an easier way of doing it but *shrugs* that's how I do it most of the time.

-Rob
  • Both look like excellent suggestions guys. I'm gonna go give it a shot right not. Thanks a lot!