GRID HELP!

ok....im new to this but i have used all types of programs.

I am making maps for our D&D group and i want a grid for the floor......so i added a grid.

Problem is that i want the walls to be over the grid but still show up on the floor....so if i think in layers i want this

everything else
grid
floor

so i cant figure out how to send the grid back to just over the floor....please help!

Michael

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Answer is easy. The grid is just a sheet. Click on the Grid sheet in "Sheets and effects" and move it up over walls sheet. General idea is: what if higher in the dialog, it is drown sooner (and you can see it more on the bottom on the map) and what is lower in the dialog, it is drown later (and you can see it more up on the map).
    So move the grid up to walls, as you can see it on the picture:
  • THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

i had done that before but i went the other direction.....thinking in layers i was thinking the opposite ......its all coming together now!
  • Basically, you want the grid lower on the list than the FLOORS sheet, but Higher on the List than WALLS.

Think of it this way. The list of sheets, is top down indicating what is drawn first, so looking at the example above, the BACKGROUND is drawn first, then the OUTSIDE, then OUTSIDE SHADOW etc.