Help with effects and printing

Greetings!

A while back, I asked for help and got a lot of great ideas. I have since watched the tutorials and feel a lot better about my maps. I am not an expert but I think I am using CC3 and its tools much better.

However, I think I am doing something wrong that the program can do and I don't know how to fix it.

I am attaching a map I have created. The idea I have is to make areas dark but have the torches show their areas. Is that done via a glow? a blur? How do I have the torches show an area?

Second, how do I set this up to print to a battlemap proportion? I did start with a battlemap template. I am running Vista and have had problems with printing. I tell it to print something and it will just eject a blank page. Ideas are very welcome as I would love to print this and have it out and ready for the next game!

Advice and comments are welcome but go easy on the noob please!

edg

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2008
    For dark area lighted by torches, the best resource is the 2008 Annual, July Issue. It contains the tools to make lights that "works", that can actually light up dark areas.

When printing a battle-map, you usually wish to have 5' on the map print as 1" on the paper, so in the print dialog, just enter 1" for Paper Distance and 5' for Drawing Distance. Don't forget the units. If you just type 1 and 5, you won't get the desired results.
    Then, make sure under View to print, that the Sheet is set to "All visible sheets as one page". Now print.