Why can't I find the DD3 symbols?

Ok.. new user here. I have an issue that is driving me a little nuts and I can't seem to find an answer in Help or via Search here. I'm probably searching for the wrong thing of course!

Anyway... I have CC3 and DD3. For whatever reason I can't get to my DD3 symbols from within the program. I can see them fine in Windows Explorer so I know they are there. However when I click on the DD3 icons for Traps, Furniture, Temple, etc nothing shows up in the window. Do I need to add the symbols somehow? I can't see to figure it out with the Symbol manager.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ok that is weird.. I'd contact support, but first see if you can open the symbol files manually. to do this click on the folder above the symbol list, browse to the dd3 folder and you should see a bunch of catalog files open one and see if the symbols turn up.

The symbols should NOT need to be added.. especially if you are using the templates that come with DD3.

-Rob
  • Interesting. When I do that they appear. Hmmm... is there a path messed up I wonder?

Thanks for the quick response btw!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try reloading dd3 settings by clicking on the overland map menu button, and then on the dungeon menu button.

If the symbol button doesn't work now, check your master filter settings by right-clicking on the symbol style toggle button (Looks like two trees and two arrows) in the top left button group, and select "Master filter settings". Make sure the filter "DD3 color" is selected.
  • Thanks for the tip Monsen. I checked the master filter settings and DD3 color was missing. I couldn't seem to add it either. I assume that the install was messed up so I've just removed and reinstalled both CC3 and DD3. Now both are working perfectly.

In reflection I think I may have messed something up originally. I also have Dunjinni so I added the DD3 clipart option when I installed DD3 the first time. This time I left that unchecked. *shrug* That is the only difference in my installs that I can see. Bug or "iD-10t" error on my part I guess.

Thanks again!