Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorModric
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012

This is a redo of a map I did using the Fantasy Realms style (http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3277&page=1#Item_29) The new additions to the Weilink style really make a difference in the tone of the map. Feedback welcome. Thx!
      Ashta HW 122312 small 2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDargurd

Really nice map - i do love this style.

Can i ask what font you used as it really is unusual.
    • CommentAuthorModric

The fonts were Endor (Title and Regions) and Dark II. Both are free!
    Its really cool. Love how you weaved together the mountains and scrub in the southeast. The only thing I would add is a nice map border (cause all nice maps should have a nice border), but also to hide the edge fade on some of your terrains.
    • CommentAuthorDargurd

Posted By: ModricThe fonts were Endor (Title and Regions) and Dark II. Both are free!

Thanks for the info !
    • CommentAuthorKenG

It looks great! I have one question what happens to the river in Sevous?
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012

Another good looking map.
    And the same question as KenG, noticed the same. A river that just disappears. Maybe its gone underground?
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Very nice map. The first thing that caught my eye was the great blends in terrain. Great work! How did you do your rivers?
    JSM
    • CommentAuthorModric

Thanks everyone. I just caught the river by Sevous. I will need to tweak it. The terrains came out better than I thought. I've resisted using terrains with this style, but after laying around with it on this map, I think I've figured them out.
    • CommentAuthorMoskva

Great map some comments :

The swamp around Swales looks wonderful ,
    Your rivers look 10x better than in your original map, you could improve them
    Between Pomsk and Velta there's no fading transition between grass and scrublands. (Change put either on a different sheet and it'll be fixed)
    The river that streams past Thural goes from mountain to mountain?

And thanks for the lettertypes! I especially like the one you used for the cities.
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012 edited

This is really nice. I love that you've posted this map in different styles. Up until now, my favorite was the B&W-style map, but I think this may have edged that one out (it's too close to tell yet). I noticed you changed the name, too. Any particular reason? Just curious.

The question about the river was asked before, too, by the way, in your Fantasy Realms-version post. Terraformer_Author posted an interesting discussion/defense of the rivers in that topic as well. It's a very interesting series of posts.

I feel I should add my voice to the chorus of praise for how you depicted the terrain. It flows nicely and your choice and layout of the symbols works hand-in-hand with the terrain to make the map look very organic. Great job!

~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorTilor
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2013

I love this map! What size did you use for the symbols? They fit perfectly.