Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012

So I'm continuing to redraw old maps from when I played RPG's. This time it is a map from an adventure named Barbia. The map is supposed to be the players map, so not all things are shown as they are in real life. And yes I do know that there are some river violations, but they were already there in the original. The map is done in the 2012 December annual style I made for Profanytasy, plus some newly made symbols I needed to be able to reproduce the map.
    I hope you like it.
      Barbia_PF.jpg
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012

Very nice! I really like the cloud symbols, but they seem slightly out of place on the map somehow. I can't put my finger on exactly why (and it's mitigated by the fact that I like the symbols).

I also like the font. It looks a lot like older hand-written styles, with sort-of-ink-blot-looking serifs on the taller letters.

A nice addition to your growing re-creation project, I think.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012 edited

Thanks Dogtag, the font is called AquilineTwo if you're interested. I like it a lot, gives a good feeling to the map I think. Here are the new symbols I made as well, if you like to try them out :)
      Volcano_old.png
      clouds.png
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012

Awesome! Thanks!

~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2012

Almost missed these.

Thanks for drawing and posting.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2012

You are most welcome Henrie61. I'm just glad if they come to use.