Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

Well with this map, I learned the following:
    1. Drawing my own rivers
    2. Making my own symbol catalog and using it
    3. Settings for land objects like cliffs
    4. Editing line styles
    5. More about Sheets and Layers
    and a few other things.

You guys that helped me all know who you are. Thanks for the help. This is actually going to be a Christmas gift for a friend of mine. The first map I will print on my 42 inch wide plotter on some nice new satin photo paper. Then I am off to start map number 3 as it is also going to be a Christmas gift. Stay tuned for a whole batch of new questions.
    JSM
      colton3f.jpg
    • CommentAuthorNils
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2012

Hey, this map is wonderful! Having it printed on appropriate paper really makes it a treasure itself!

Nils
    • CommentAuthornlp138

This looks great JSM!
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61

Great map and it will make a fine present.
    Great map indeed.

Keep going, and posting ;)

About the text beneath, I wouldn't keep "the treasure be there...". There's more suspens in just the first line... Just a thought...
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Thanks for the compliments you guys!

@ Joachim de Ravenbel - well the font I picked for that text and for the title at the top are different than the ones labeling places on the map. I kinda wanted to give the impression that it was the map holders personal written notes or something. You know what I mean?
    JSM
    • CommentAuthornlp138

Where'd you get that fantastic compass rose?
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

I was Googling all sorts of things and it popped up in one of my various search phrases. I do not recall which one.
    JSM
    • CommentAuthorKenG

great map and I agree I like the rose
    @ Joachim de Ravenbel - well the font I picked for that text and for the title at the top are different than the ones labeling places on the map. I kinda wanted to give the impression that it was the map holders personal written notes or something. You know what I mean?
    JSM

Yes, I fully understand and am not stranger to the trick. I only suggest to erase the second line, just leave "Seek the cliffs above Jagged Channel..." (off voice LOLing).
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Interesting. I'll consider it :)
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012 edited

Wow. The map looks great, you're going to print it on a cool printer on cool paper, it's a gift for someone, AND you learned a whole boatload of stuff and put it into practice.

I half expected you to tell us you were on your way to Disney World!

Nicely done,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012

LOL I wish I was on my way to Disney World. I have a great time when I'm there. :)
    JSM
    • CommentAuthorBOHICA
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012

Posted By: nlp138Where'd you get that fantastic compass rose?

Go to Google Images and search for "Skull+Compass+Rose" and there are some really great designs, including the one above.

JSM,

This is another great map and will make a truly nice gift.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

Thx :)