Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2012

First mapped part of the continent of Zibor
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3337&page=1#Item_21

Actually the name is a bit misleading since the southern Islans lay well beyond the reach of the Ice.
    But the people that originally "discovered" the Isles landed on the most nothern part of them.
    A part covered in Ice. And though later the more southern Islands were inhabited, the name stuck.
      Zibor The Ice Isles.JPG
    • CommentAuthorwarhound
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2012

This map is fantastic. Great job! It looks like it would be a good place to start a sea adventure. What's going on with the mountain that's about in the middle of the map. That just looks like it's daring someone to go explore it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2012

Again, the map is very nice! What I find just a little distracting is the bright red text - isn't it a little too strong? Have you tried doing it in a dark color (eg. a dark blue) and giving it a white outline (put it on a second TEXT sheet to do that).
    • CommentAuthorVorkosigan

Same, I'm not a huge fan of the Red letters... too aggressive :) But nice map anyway
    • CommentAuthorMytosBR

Very nice map, my congrats.

I like tha red letters in the zoom, but I have the felling my fellows above will be correct, in a distant view it may attract to much attention out of your beauty work.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61

Always been a fan of red, to the point I married a redhead :-)
    But Ralf was right, red was too agressive.
    So now its blue.

@Warhound, the mountain is a vulcano. Sleeping the past 3 or 4 centuries.
      Zibor The Ice Isles2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012

The map looks much better when you changed the colour of the text! Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Yeah, this looks good.
    • CommentAuthorVorkosigan

Much better this way!!!
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012 edited

I agree the blue is better than the red, but I liked the white text for the city names. I don't know that the smaller text needed to be blue. I almost lose it in the ocean now.

I really like the map. I also agree that volcano is just asking to be explored. :-)

~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorMytosBR

Amazing!