Textures

Hi, I ve just bought cc3, cosmographer and modern pack a week ago. Watched the tutorials, and I really like the feel to draw with it. But I found textures are too low quality. When I zoom in the grass visual makes me want to get my money back. Is there a pack of textures I dont know about? I am starting to feel Dundjinni has better graphics, like the street texture they present on the gallery looks way better to the one used on the cc3 moder add-on.

Also I couldnt find where to download community content with profantasy. Neither can find trees with a top view, only perspective ones.

I am trying to judge wich program is best for my needs. I have the felling CC3 is the best software out, but yet after 1 week using it I found dundjinni with best textures and content like the armor wars pack. My main Use is design battlegrids to project over a table. Map landmass is not priority.

Any advice?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited November 2012
    The textures are actually very good quality. I suspect you are seeing a low-resolution version of the texture - depending on the size and zoom of the map, CC3 may not be using the best texture quality to preserve memory and increase speed.

Go to the Display Speed dialog (the hourglass icon on the left toolbar) and set a fixed bitmap quality of very high. Refresh the map, you should now see the texture at best quality.

For top-down trees, on a DD3 map click the Skirmish button and choose Skirmish Vegetation.

You should also check out the CSUAC for more symbols.
  • Profantasy has some great graphics in a variety of packs...but more symbols and textures is always better. So I frequent the Dunjinni user forums to snag images and use them in CC3.

I also get the impression that Dunjinni (as a program) is largely defunct, whereas profantasy released new stuff every month with the add-ons....
  • edited November 2012
    I have been using dundjinni for many long years and yeah there's not been a new release for the program in a very very long time. I sure have a huge collection of images from the forums though.

Did you download the updates and high res pacs from the downloads section after registering your products?

may also want to check out http://www.cartographersguild.com/
  • I have the same problem with resolution when I'm on my laptop, but not on my desktop. It isn't that the graphics are low resolution, it's that the display has issues displaying the highest resolution.

Just follow Ralf's advice and set the resolution to Very High in the speed settings when you start the program.

Dundjinni? Slow and awkward. Ugh! (Though the art from the User's Forum is amazing and quite compatible with CC3.)
  • Thank you all, but espicially Ralf, for being so quick to help me.

I changed the resolution and now it makes me want to create maps all day .

I am having trouble to install art from Dundjinni forum.

But by now I would say this proram is amazing.

Thanks again
  • One of the coolest aspects of CC3 is that you can use ANY art so long as it is in a .png format. But, this also means that you need to establish your own custom file directory for non-profantasy art. What I did is create a "Downloaded Symbols" folder inside my Symbols folder in the profantasy directory. Form there I created a number of sub folders to house the different types of images that I have downloaded from other websites (i.e. Dunjinni, CGtextures, etc.). When you want to use them, you simply need to click on the little button below the "Options" button and find the symbol. A similar operation can be done for textures by creating a new bitmap file in the fill style settings.

we talked about file structure on this thread
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3217&page=1#Item_9
  • Hey, thanks again, I now can use a wide variety of png files. nice thread to, it helped a lot.

Thank you again. I wishe every company and forum worked like this.