Controlling Sheets

Hello,

I'm just having a bit of trouble controlling my sheets in CC3/DD3. I'm putting together a simple template to match the size of my battlemat, and want to keep it clean of all sheets but the border and the background, so that I can build up each encounter location sheet-by-sheet as I design.

However, every time I choose a different tool, CC3 goes ahead and creates a new sheet for me, and suddenly, if I haven't been attentive, I find my work scattered across sheets I hadn't planned on using. Is there anyway to keep the program to keep from spawning these things without permission?

-Mike

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes. Click the "All map drawing tools" button, and place a checkmark in the "Insert on current sheet". Until you uncheck this option, all drawing tools you use will place their entities on the current sheet instead of making the appropriate sheet.
    Some advanced drawing tools (like those that utilizes a macro) will still make some sheets though, for example the forest drawing tools that uses symbols to draw the forest still makes a symbol sheet for the symbols. I don't think this can be avoided easily, but at least you will avoid most of the sheets being created.

Note that by not using correct sheets for the entities, you make it more difficult to apply good effects to the map later.