Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012

I posted a map of The Bayou a week or so ago and now i've expanded it outwards to the wider world. There is a distinct lack of locations and labels as yet but that's because in the sandbox that is my campaign setting they are still located in a very small part of the Bayou and nobody has made much reference to areas outside.

As always comments and feedback are appreciated !
      Wider World (800x640).jpg
    It looks fantastic and I mean it! I love map with many islands and the colours that you choose look just perfect. The forests that used are from where? The last Annual?
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2012

Posted By: Mateus090985It looks fantastic and I mean it! I love map with many islands and the colours that you choose look just perfect. The forests that used are from where? The last Annual?

Thankyou. The whole style is the latest annual. I was playing around with it to see how it came out and I have to say i'm quite pleased with it. Over the next few weeks it will get more populated as players give me more background data but for now its ok for the current campaign.
    A great 13th-Age-style map, just waiting to be labelled.
    • CommentAuthorFarsightX3
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012

Fantastic Map! Love the coast lines and the layout!
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012

Stunning! Love The Bayou, but I also like the way the hills seem to claw their way onto the map, and the way you placed your forests. Absolutely gorgeous!

If it won't give anything away, do you have backstory for some of the names, particularly the Bandsail, the Gloom, and the Turtle Sea? Those are fun names.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012

Thanks all for the comments they are much appreciated.

Dogtag i'm afraid there is nothing mysterious (yet) about the names I simply just created them. I like to give names to things and then think about them afterwards !
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012 edited

No problem. I do that too, sometimes!
    Posted By: DogtagNo problem. I do that too, sometimes!

I am also in the club =). Who have never done this =)?
    • CommentAuthorDargurd

The Gloom I think is simply that. A huge swathe of water that almost seems permanently in shadow during the day and extraordinarily dark at night. The Turtle Sea is probably simply that - a sea full of turtles. The one i'm most intrigued by is The Bandsail. Not really thought of a good hook yet for that.
    "The Gloom" may be so because it is full of flusforecense algae and/or fungus that are used as energy by some underwater criatures. Maybe telepaths ones =).
    • CommentAuthorDargurd

Posted By: Mateus090985"The Gloom" may be so because it is full of flusforecense algae and/or fungus that are used as energy by some underwater criatures. Maybe telepaths ones =).

OK consider that officially swiped ! Love it :-)
    I am gadly that you liked the idea. Also dont forget the crystals =)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012

I wasn't sure what I thought of this mapping style, but seeing your map has me liking it quite a bit more than I did at first. Wonderful map!
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012

Posted By: ShessarI wasn't sure what I thought of this mapping style, but seeing your map has me liking it quite a bit more than I did at first. Wonderful map!

Thankyou - glad you like it. It's a style that I really enjoyed playing around with.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012

This is a result to be proud of. Well done.