Restricted Textlength in "Text along a curve"-Tool

Why does the "Text along a curve"-tool just works for a short text?

I planed to have a text surrounding the whole map in a big circle.
But it doesn't works because the input is limited onto ~ 11 Words.

With best regards
Robak

Comments

• I did not know that. One easy solution is to make more tham one "text along a curve" and break what you want to write on these.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The "Text along a curve" command is a bit limited in its functionality - due to its CAD legacy CC3's text features are not among its strongest points.

Better text handling (proper spacing of curved text, leaving it editable as a complete entity, better support of multi-line text), has been on my wish list for a while.
  • 12 days later
  • RobakRobak Newcomer
    I used the "text along a curve" tools 8 times for my problem. But for a big map surrounded by a longer Text you have to split the text in n parts and the curve in n parts were the text lengths and the curve lengths have the same relations.
    And if you later decide to change a name in the text from "Karl" to "Karl Theodor Maria Nikolaus Johann Jacob Philipp Franz Joseph Sylvester Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg" you have to redo everything instead of useing the same curve a second time just with a longer text.

I regret that text along a line does not work for longer texts

With best regards
    Robak
  • 4 years later
  • MstrCatMstrCat Newcomer
    It looks like Text along curve is limited to strings of 64 characters or less.
    I too have issues with it, since I like to put coordinate markings along the borders of my maps, ie 0-9 along the short dimension and letters along the long dimension separated by the | symbol. It typically takes me 3 or 4 tries to get the visual appearance correct for the 1st/last letter placement. One of these days I'll get smart enough to create a standard border rather than doing it from scratch for each map.