Color Layers for buildings and house symbols

Okay, I know we use red 2 for houses, but what colors do we use for other buildings. Is there a standard for the color layer and where do I find it or is this feature set later and using red to create the symbols is okay because its later when you design the map that you decide color settings for the different buildings. Thats kind of my understand from the help files but wish to find out for sure. Im still doing my project but am stuck on this issue.

Comments

• Could you be a little bit more specific ? If you use the standard symbol set of City Designer2, you will notice that there is a standard symbol and a 'multicolored' symbol, that is you are free to choose the color and the symbol will change it depending on your selected color from the toolbar.

Starting as a new user I often wondered because there were alot of black symbols and thought the installation of the symbol sets went wrong, until I found out the meaning of the symbols with the colored square in the upper right hand side. :-)
  • Im talking about the color layer feature. When you create a building symbol you first create that layer. It is hidden under everything else, but is used with the colored layers button. I was wondering if when you create that layer if there was a specific color you use for each type of building or if that layers color was changed by that button when you draw a map so using red 2 is okay for the creation. That was my question.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I'm very sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but there is no actual rule of what color you can use for what type of building. Create any scheme you want for yourself and stick to it. Bring up the Color Buildings dialog to define which color gets used on which layer.