Fractalizing continents 2

Hi. My world map includes landmasses that abut the map border on all four sides and then have interior oceans.

In order to reduce memory problems associated with too many nodes from fractalizing the border, I'd like to make the outside portion of my landmass simple straight lines along the map border and only fractalize the inner coastline. Anyone know how to do that?

I tried merging a simple box with a fractalized landmass but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Mosk

Comments

• MoskMosk Newcomer
    Alternatively, could someone explain in Newbie level detail how I could use the multipoly to draw a rectangular landmass all along the inside of the map border and then Break It apart and only fractalize the inner portions while leaving the outer / map border portions as simple straight lines which don't require much CPU power?

When I hit the Break Apart command the Fill disappears.
    And I haven't had much success with using the Edit Single Entities command and then inserting or moving nodes.

Any advice would be appreciated, and the more specific the better.

Thanks,
    Mosk
  • MoskMosk Newcomer
    Another method I've tried is creating a polygon or a path, then Breaking Apart, then trying to fractalize only a few of the segments. But after Breaking Apart the path or polygon, I can't select a segment and then Fractalize it.

Thanks for any help.
    Mosk
  • Sure. Fractalize the ocean.

Use the polygon tool, right side, to draw a square/rectangle the size of the map border.

Place the ocean on top of the continents, and then fractalize it.

Add details.
  • MoskMosk Newcomer
    Jim -

Great idea. A simple way to fix my problems.

(I'd still be interested in hearing from any other CC3 experts on whether or not you can use the break apart command and then fractalize certain segment of a polygon as described above.

Thanks,
    Mosk
  • Just be sure the sheets for land and sea are in the correct sequence. Otherwise the ocean will be under the continents.