PNG Export No Longer Working

I'm trying to export a PNG as a rectangular section (my standard way of doing things for a few years now) and it isn't working anymore. I get the following error message from convert.exe: "CORE RL Magick_.dll not found. Try reinstalling program." I tried installing the latest Patch 10 again but that didn't work. I really don't want to have to install CC3 from scratch again. The only new things I've added to the program since the last time I was able to successfully export a PNG as a rectangular section was the last couple of annuals and the new Tome of Ultimate Mapping. Any idea why it would stop working?
Edit: Windows XP machine

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Okay, reinstalling Patch 10 didn't work. I tried reinstalling the ImageMagick patch from the downloads page and still no go. Finally I gave in and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling everything and I still can't export PNGs. Now I'm frustrated.

Here's the error message:
    convert.exe - Unable to Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because CORE_RL_magick_.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any ideas? I can export JPGs and BMPs, but they are way to large (especially BMPs) to be of practical use compared to PNGs. Not being able to export as PNGs anymore kind of makes the program useless to me going forward.
  • Heya jaerdaph! I've been offline for a few days due to power outages so sorry for not responding when you first posted.

Just a few thoughts. I don't know how PF has integrated Image Magick into CC3, so none of this may be even close to the issue.

I did a search for the file CORE_RL_magick_.dll on my XP machine and it is not there so I'm guessing that it is part of the Image Magic convert utility and does not reside independently on your computer. I know you said that you've reinstalled Image Magic. Did you try again after reinstalling CC3?

For it to just stop working is odd, to say the least. I know that my webcam uses some imagick files for some of it's functions and I'm sure there may be other image affecting software that uses the imagick code. Have you updated/changed any other software that might share it's code?

And of course, the big question ... have you contacted Pro Fantasy support directly? Neither of my XP machines are having this issue, so it may take Simon looking at it to get it working for you.

Good luck. Hope you get it working soon. I'd be lost without it too.
    Thanks, Gerri! I did try re-installing the Image Magick patch from the Profantasy site after PNG export didn't work after a complete re-install, but that didn't fix the problem. I can't find CORE_RL_magick_.dll anywhere on my computer either. I'll wait to see if anyone from Profantasy sees this after the weekend. If not, I'll submit a trouble ticket.
    I'm running the latest version of CC3 (v3.42) on a Windows XP Home Edition SP3 machine from D:/Program Files/Profantasy/CC3. The only changes I made to CC3 since the problem started were the installation of the June 2012 Annual and the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, if that helps.
    You know, now that you mention it Gerri, I believe I did recently uninstall a very old version of Adobe PhotoShop Essentials from this computer...
    edited July 2012
    I decided to try installing the latest version of ImageMagick (ImageMagick-6.7.8-1-Q16-windows-dll.exe) and that seems to have fixed the problem - I can export PNGs from CC3 again! I got the download from here: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php It was pretty painless, and I installed using the recommended defaults (like including it in the system path).

If this was a bad idea for some reason or other unbeknownst to me, please let me know Profantasy folks! :)