Arneofogan

Right, so, with any luck the images will show up here, if not I apologise. (And also any help would be appreciated.)

Anyway, assuming everything went alright here is the base map for the world of Arneofogan, in theory a forum game where players each take the place of the leader of a new civilisation attempting to restablish themselves after a great natural calamity wiped most of the people on the planet out. Or if that falls through I'm sure I can find something to fill in the world. Right now all I've done thus far is sketch out the continents as well as the large to medium plates (as shown by the black lines) to give a rough guide as to where the larger mountains/volcanic island chains should form. Click for a larger image

Take%201%20handout%20small.PNG

Comments and suggestions as to the shape and layout of the world are much appreciated, but for the moment I have a question for those who've used the overland satellite tools map style before. This map is going to be a well zoomed out affair, but even so adding the large mountain ranges where the southern continent is colliding with the antartic continent has a tendency, when set to a small enough scale to look right zoomed in, to look overly artificial in large block areas of fill as the pattern of mountains is repeated. Has anyone got any tips on how to break it up a bit so that it looks more natural?

Comments