Using FTPro in CC3

Hiya,

After working through a number of tutorials I thought it was time to finally get down to the work of trying to put together a map of my own. I also thought I'd give the demo of FTPro a try--and liked the worlds it created and, finding a continent I liked, zoomed in and exported it to CC2.

Disaster! The map was terrible looking and cluttered with contour lines and text. So I tried again, exporting with much more basic settings.

But now... well, it seems like I've got a very basic map to work off of. Creating sheets as I go along, I can throw mountain and sea contour terrain down over the exported FTPro map and build over the outline generated... but it seems like an awful lot of work! Is there an easier way to export from FTPro in CC3 and still have a usable map to work off of?

Your help greatly appreciated in this!

-Mike

Comments

• I use ftppro to export bmps. Import them into CC3 putting the bmp on its own layer. Draw the map, then delete the bmp from the map.

There isalso an online tutorial someone wrote on how to import FTPPro maps into CC3. It should be mentioned around this web forum.