Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012

After subscribing to the 2012 annual, i thought I was going to take some of the new styles for a spin :)

Fjorheim

This was the result of an hour or so of toying around :) Really love the annual so far :)
    • CommentAuthorVorkosigan

Nice!
    • CommentAuthorBOHICA

Very Nice! Which style did you use?
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012 edited

I used Herwin Wielink Overland, from the 2012 april annual :)
    It is a dream to work with i must say, I originally got it for the isometric dungeons, but this style is good at it is almost worth the price of the annual alone :)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

That is really nice, especially for such a short time's work!

By the way the river in the north seems to end inside the sea (not at its border)... and I would say there should be a river at the end of this, not on the north shore. And I also think the lake is too fractalized :S

But still good in my eyes :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan

Yep, those two are on my to-do list. I missed remiving than little bugger of a river before generating jpg :p
    The lake will be fixed as well.

Largest problem working on this map is really that the scale is out of wack after a copying from another map.
    But I am learning how to deal with that as well :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan

Updated it a bit, still having a rough time getting rivers right, but I think it atleast looks a bit better now :)

Fjorheim v2

Yeah indeed, this river is better placed, better looking :) And I would say the lake looks much better, maybe a little bit too blured, and one peak seems to be inside the lake. :S

Apart from that I think the island and the upper left corner has not a very realistic shape :P

But anyway... good job :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012 edited

Yeah, still working on finding the best look for the river, the peak is supposed to be around there, but the look is not correct yet,
    As for the island and upper left corner, can you clarify a bit what you meant ?
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012

This island's edges are too sharp and dont look very natural, islands edges are usually soften by the sea.

I mean rounded
    •  
      CommentAuthorelothan

Aha, then I see what you mean :)