FCW32.exe crash?

Hiya,

Thanks to Joseph Sweeney's wonderful tutorials, I'm now tackling the other guides that come with the Annual, learning as I go. I really like the John Speed style and am working through that, but the frequent crashes that CC3 seems prone to is a bit annoying, especially when it hasn't saved my work in some time (despite the autosave?).

I'm getting a frequent FCW32.exe crash whenever I try to use F5 to connect a wall segment to a prior one... any suggestion on how to fix it?

Thanks for any help!
-Mike

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Wish I could help you here, but my CC3 is rock stable on both my computers. I assume you are running CC3 with the latest patch (v3.20), and an appropriate amount of RAM (CC3 likes RAM).
    You can always try turning off unneeded sheets and layers. This will cause CC3 to have less to worry about, and should speed up the program, and might help stability as well.

Unless someone else has some good suggestions for you, I suggest contacting ProFantasy tech support. They might know something.
  • LatharionLatharion Traveler
    To add to what Monsen suggested, you could try shutting down unneeded background programs using MSCONFIG. Sometmes background programs can interfere with CC3 causing it to crash. MSCONFIG will allow you to selectively deactivate background programs that run at startup (and reactivate them when you are finished diagnosing). I had a problem with a printer driver one time that caused CC Pro to crash, and deactivating the background app for the printer solved the problem. It's worth a try.