Vintyri (TM) Symbol Set 2 test release (free) now complete

The test version of our Vintyri (TM) Symbol Set 2 for CC3 now is complete. (See my earlier message below.) We've added:

1. A catalog of base buildings with wooden shingle roofs.

2. A catalog of general buildings with wooden shingle roofs.

3. A patch file that restores five missing outhouse and woodshed symbols to the catalog of general buildings with light beaver tail clay tile roofs.

The Vintyri Symbol Set 2 consists of 15 catalogs. with a total of 343 raster symbols at 442 MB. In addition, there is a temporary installation guidelines booklet available which is important to read before installing, critically important if you have City Designer (TM) 3. We'll replace it later with better quality documentation.

I should note that the wooden shingle catalogs have fewer symbols than the clay and slate tile catalogs. This is by design. No symbols are missing.

If you have comments, criticisms, error reports, etc., we're thankful for your input.

The symbols have the three basic CC3 resolutions very low, low and high (VL, LO and HI). The fourth resolution, very high (VH), will be offered as a separate download after testing is completed. (The smaller miscellaneous objects and structural parts catalogs already include symbols with VH resolution.)

The VH symbols will involve a download of about 2 GB. For that reason, we decided to do as ProFantasy did and offer the three base resolutions in the basic download with the download of the VH symbols as an option. We will release the VH symbols once we have a final product. I have no idea when that will be. We now need feedback from CC3 users who actually make some maps with these symbols.

The catalogs are in separate download groups so that you can take only what you want. You also can view the complete catalog content online before downloading. Everything is released free for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License 1.0a. To download, go to:

http://www.vintyri.org

and follow the link at the top of the page.

Mark Oliva
The Vintyri Project
http://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Comments

• Thank you =). They will be very usefull.
  • 2 months later
  • Mateus090985Mateus090985 Traveler
    edited August 2012
    I am a bit lost...

Here we have 4 updated "catalogs": http://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/vccindex_c.htm

The first one, Fills and Textures, Version 4.0, I instaled without doubt following the tutorial, but I am really lost about wht I do with the others 3 "catalogs". Any help please.

EDIT: I finally found myself with the Symbol Set 2, Version 1.0. Lets see how the others go.
  • Ok. How do I install OGL 3.5 Vector Symbol Sets? Or I wait a new version?
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited August 2012
    Posted By: Mateus090985Ok. How do I install OGL 3.5 Vector Symbol Sets? Or I wait a new version?
    1. Unzip the files that you downloaded.
    2. Read the PDF guide pamphlets included in each ZIP. They are bookmarked, which will take you quickly to the theme you want.
    3. Copy all of the .FSC files into #\Symbols\User
    4. Close CC3, if it's open.
    5. Reopen CC3. You'll now find the new catalogs in your User folder.

Don't wait for a new version. This is an old product that will not be developed further.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: Mateus090985I am a bit lost...

EDIT: I finally found myself with the Symbol Set 2, Version 1.0. Lets see how the others go.
    Symbol Sets 1, 3, 4 and 5 for CC3 are not yet available. They're coming, but it will take time.
  • Ok. Thank you. I did not think that was so simple. The booklet actually confused me a lot. If all I need is to put the .FSC on my folder it's done =).

I am really excited wating the others catalogs.