Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012 edited

I had some time yesterday to sit down and try out the new June annual style. This is the result after an evenings work. It really is a great style with some gorgeous graphics.
    The map itself is mostly just a test and I decided to call it the Magicians tomb. When I was finished the map was a bit small compared to the size I had choosen in CC3 so I cut it down in Photoshop and added a bit of a darker border.
    Hope you like it :)
      The magicians tomb_PF.jpg
    • CommentAuthorgak
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012

Like it? Definitely!
    Indeed, very nice. Just find the compass a little bit "flat"
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012

The one thing i have found so far with this style is how important it feels to start from the top right and work down to the left. You almost have to think about your map before you start 'creating' it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012

Top to bottom is important, but whether you start from the right or the left doesn't matter that much.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012

Interesting. So you couldn't start in the middle of one edge and go both up and down?
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012

I dont think it would be easy. Because the symbols have a '3d effect' they dont overlap properly if you get them in the wrong order. Top to bottom is the way this works best.