SS1 Handdrawn Style Problem

Hi all,

I'm using the hand drawn varicolor mountains from SS1 on a map I am creating. They look great when I place them with the black outline around them, but once I redraw the screen the black outline seperates from the mountain and goes behind the land. I've tried selecting the outline on the few I could and bringing it to the front but that doesn't seem to do anything. I can't seem to find the solution to this.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Rathe

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2008
    This happens because the template you are using doesn't have it's sheets set up correctly for these multi sheet symbols.

If you do a LIST on one of the symbols, you'll notice they uses two sheets: SYMBOLS BACK and SYMBOLS
    What you need to do is to enter the Sheets & Effects dialogue, and make sure that these two sheets are reasonably close to each other in the drawing order, and that both of them are drawn after sheets like LAND and similar (That is, that must appear further down in the list than the LAND sheet, and any other sheet with contents that might cover them up).

If you open the symbol catalogues manually, you will also find a "No Sheets" version of the symbols. These draw the entire symbols on one sheet instead of spreading it to multiple. The obvious advantage of using multiple sheets for a symbol of course, is that you can use a different effect for the outline and for the fill.
  • Thank you very much. Had to play around with the drawing layout but it eventually worked.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You're welcome. Have fun mapping :)