Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012

Here is a second map made in the 2012 April Annual style. The map is of the world Thraalion, one of the seven worlds in my Etrakien setting and the fourth one i'm mapping. I've had the idea of the world for a while since I read a report of a planet in space that always had one side facing the sun. So in Thraalion one side is burning under the constant sun, the other side is always dark and frozen. Between these two extremes there is a thin area with inhabitable conditions.

The map is edited in Photoshop a bit, mostly to see how it turned out. I also used a font from Terraformer_Author in the map.
      Thraalion.jpg
    • CommentAuthorModric

Great map. I love this style.
    • CommentAuthorDargurd
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited

That is really nice. I love the way you have the Ice and Fire down each side it really does work ! The other thing i like is the Compass Rose in the middle although i think it does kind of get hidden against the map the principle is good.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited

Thanks for the comments. I really like the style and it's quite fast to work with, which is a plus. The compass rose looks better, and not as hidden, in the high resolution version (you can see a higher resolution version here http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?18781-Thraalion-World-map-done-in-CC3. You need to be a member of the Cartographers Guild to see the picture, if you're not a member you can either sign up or wait 'til I put it up on my blog with some more background info of the world).
    What an awesome coastline. I love the way the isles at the top look like they were clawed into the land.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Nice idea and map, sort of a habitable Mercury.