Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited

I’ve started to play a simple and easy to understand roleplaying game with my two oldest children and of course no game can be really appreciated without a world map to look at. To accomplish this I made this map in CC3 using the April annual style made by Djekspek here on the forum. The style was easy to use and had a good variation of textures and symbols. Now i just need to print it before the next gaming day.
      Sagorike_pf.jpg
    This has to be one of the most beautiful maps that I have ever seen. Absolutely gorgious!!!!!
    This is a beautiful map that would look awsome framed and hung in a place of honor.
    Congratulations! I would only put the Rose inside the map (the "V" is crossing the border). Can you post a larger version Clercon? Or a link to a larger version?
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

Thanks for the comments, I'm flattered. A larger version of the map can be seen here http://mappingworlds.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/sagorike.jpg.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Beautiful work as always. Did you adjust sheet effects and/or drawing tools of the style, or is it a "out of the box" map?

Great to hear you're playing with your kids. Bring up the next generation of roleplayers. :)
    • CommentAuthorClercon

Thanks Ralf, The map is an kind of "out of the box" map. The only things I changed was that I created a new sheet for the lava lands in the southeast corner, because first it was on the same sheet as the dessert, and then it didn't get the fade affect. So I just manually copied the settings from the dessert sheet (A copy and paste command in the sheets window would be great by the way) and made a new one for the lava. Also the city/village icons didn't end up on the symbols sheet, so I had to manually move them there. The labeling is also done in Photoshop (with the Tolkien font), mainly because for me I label so much quicker in Photoshop.

The kids love to play by the way, so that is promising for the future :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Yes, the copy command for sheets and effects is on our wishlist, and high priority for me too. Double-checking all the parameters, especially with many effects on one sheet, can be a pain.

I just double-checked the sheet-selection for the structure symbols, but I can't find any fault with it here.
    • CommentAuthorFarsightX3

wow! What an excellent map. I love the flow. I really like the creative sea symbol usage you did to make the mountains pointed to seem like a gate on the south west side. Great job!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Magnificent map !
    • CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012

*is humbled*

Enchanting and gorgeous.
    Very, very nice. I need to re-download that annual asap.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012

Very impressive map, Clercon - well done!