Faerie Symbols

Does anyone know where I can find symbols of faries that I can integrat in a CC3 catalog? I want them for shields so I look for things like faries in diferent positions, flowers, stars, diferent moons, unicorns and the like =)

Comments

• (whispering) TerraFormer_Author, I think he's talking to you... :)
  • I have already look on the user data base and I have almost all he annuals (I think that the only one that I dont have is the 2008 edition).
  • edited May 2012
    Ok dude - the zip contains the full resolution images - and the post pics are what your getting in the zip - caution - the images are BIG because they were hand drawn and then scanned before they were prepped for transparency (they are NOT however - yet transparent) - and colorized. Been meaning to draw more fae anyway, lol.

I only have two images for faes thus far - but I have a nice sexy Nymph though that might suffice if your willing to compromise for additional fae types - but you have to ask for the nymph because I'm not really sure what your looking for. These are IMAGES - not symbols - so your going to have to convert them to symbols yourself. They're gonna be symbols eventually - but they are still in production. The one on the bottom I was thinking about nixing (pardon the educated pun) because I don't like it - I drew it when I had been out of practice for quite a while and it looks a little too "rough" to me - but then again - I can always draw more. Might wip a few more up tommorrow - who knows, lol.
  • Posted By: jonasgreenfeather(whispering) TerraFormer_Author, I think he's talking to you... :)
    Yes "j", I just caught it buddy, lol - thanks :)
  • Posted By: Mateus090985Does anyone know where I can find symbols of faries that I can integrat in a CC3 catalog? I want them for shields so I look for things like faries in diferent positions, flowers, stars, diferent moons, unicorns and the like =)
    Hey - if you want faes for "Shield Blazons", I can draw those up for you! You'll have to give me a little time though. On the house bro.
  • edited May 2012
    Here's another fairy in this new zip file that I just did for ya Mateuso9o985. Anybody else can use these fae to - but I'm still "Symbolizing" them anyway - and they're still going into the symbols package when I finish it. The demo pic below is a reduced resolution taster of the original image - I'm going to draw more fairies anyway.....Gosh I'm lonely, LOL!!!! :)

Wow - come to think of it - I'm short on both fairies AND unicorns, lol.
  • Mateus090985Mateus090985 Traveler
    edited May 2012
    These look very nice! Thank you!

I loved the last one! They are in the spirit of what I am looking for. I am also looking for "darker" symbols to use for my Unseelie Court.
  • Give me a few specific examples?
  • Mateus090985Mateus090985 Traveler
    edited May 2012
    I will pot some screen shoots. Wait a minute.
    1.PNG 310.1K
    3.PNG 537K
    4.PNG 290.4K
    5.PNG 262.2K
    6.PNG 314.5K
  • edited May 2012
    Ok - here's what I'm going to do, first - I need to crash and bunk down for a while because I'm old and I was STUPID enough to have stayed up all night last night - my bad, lol.
    HOWEVER - when I get up later - I am going to start drawing some stuff out that is along the same general lines as these images, and when I'm finished - I'll post them on this, or another thread.

Now due to existing international copyright law I can't draw you these EXACT images - but I can crank out some very nice original ones. Your going to get the full resolution first run images - but I am also including the ones that I am making for you in my production folder - and they are going into the symbols catalogue(s) that I'm making. Cool?

Also - these images are in pencil and have complex shading that will not translate well as a symbol - so the images will be in pen and ink - fineline - with basic tonal shading just like the other images that I've done - but they will still look cool.
  • Posted By: Terraformer_AuthorOk - here's what I'm going to do, first - I need to crash and bunk down for a while because I'm old and I was STUPID enough to have stayed up all night last night - my bad, lol.
    HOWEVER - when I get up later - I am going to start drawing some stuff out that is along the same general lines as these images, and when I'm finished - I'll post them on this, or another thread.

Now due to existing international copyright law I can't draw you these EXACT images - but I can crank out some very nice original ones. Your going to get the full resolution first run images - but I am also including the ones that I am making for you in my production folder - and they are going into the symbols catalogue(s) that I'm making. Cool?
    Terraformer, I just want you to know that I DONT want to give you so much work. I am honored that you are excited by the projet, but do it only if you want and if it will be fun for you.

Thank you for all your effort.
  • edited May 2012
    Posted By: Mateus090985
    Posted By: Terraformer_AuthorOk - here's what I'm going to do, first - I need to crash and bunk down for a while because I'm old and I was STUPID enough to have stayed up all night last night - my bad, lol.

Terraformer, I just want you to know that I DONT want to give you so much work. I am honored that you are excited by the projet, but do it only if you want and if it will be fun for you.

Thank you for all your effort.
    Hey no problemo bro - not work - it's fun. It's like doing a crossword puzzle or playing Tic Tac Toe to me - just fun doodlin amigo, lol. No bother atall - will have these for you eventually. Stay tuned. I need some dark fae and monster variations for my folder anywho, lol. Thank YOU for some fresh inspiration!

Footnote - "Terraformer_Author" is just my Avatar handle - it's primary function is to indicate who I am by project association, and to indicate when I'm on here. Just call me Bill - everybody on here knows Billybob Roach, just don't make fun of my last name - I caught heck for it back in grade school, lol.
  • ADDENDUM: Mateus090985 I'm going to have those images to you by either Tuesday evening or Wednesday - gotta few things I have to tend to that are rather pressing...
  • Posted By: Terraformer_AuthorADDENDUM: Mateus090985 I'm going to have those images to you by either Tuesday evening or Wednesday - gotta few things I have to tend to that are rather pressing...
    No problems my friend, as I am finishing an papper here, I probably will not touch CC3 for the holle week.
  • Ok - here's the zip containing the first "dark fae" image that I'm toying with for you Mateus090985.
  • And here's the taster of what's in the zip. Bare in mind that when I draw these things - I am drawing them with these points in mind:

#1, Detail must be kept at a moderate to low level because this is a map symbol - and it has to maintain consistant detail at multiple scales.

#2, Colors have to be kept relatively blocked and tonal as opposed to complex texturing - to allow for recognizability, and to prevent the symbol from looking gunked up at extremely small scales.
  • edited May 2012
    This is a test image - but you can open it up in Windows paint and modify / change the colors anyway that you want to. I'll be doing a few more dark fae images to. again this is a production image - so you have to turn it into a symbol yourself. I would finish coloring the ears to, they're still gray from clean up.
  • Oh! Looks great! Is this kind of thing that I am looking for! Thank you.
  • edited May 2012
    Mateus, try coloring the scorpion like tail flesh tone like the body in paint using the fill / paint bucket tool - but leave the spine scales green and the stinger yellow - you might get a more uniform effect that way. BTW - you are very welcome! Graphic below is my best effect color revision - a basic color guide if you want to recolor the image in the zip. The wings here have robin egg blue patterns - and the tail is a slightly darker fleshtone than the res of the body. The stinger is pale cadmium green to give it a more poisonous appearance. The blues of the wings and the recolored tail frames the symbol nicely on smaller scale and thumbnail views - and should stand out nicely on green / grassy map terrain backgrounds. I was going to shade her body for a shadowing tonal effect but I didn't want to jeopardize the symbol being more lendable to varicolor schemes:
  • 3 months later
  • So, how the work is going mate? I was very occupied writing my masters final text.