Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkolyana
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

All - I'm looking to create a ruined city (in City Designer 3) with an outlying graveyard. I have all the symbol sets and annuals, but I'm not seeing anything that could be used for a top-down City Designer style symbol for ruined buildings and a graveyard. Is there such a thing and my old eyes just isn't seeing it, or am I going to have to create my own?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

I see some in Symbols/Cities/Filled/Miscellanrous.fsc
    •  
      CommentAuthorVintyri
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012

You don't mention whether you're looking for raster or vector symbols. If you want vector symbols, follow JimP's tip above. If you want raster symbols, go here:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/search.asp?KW=grave&SM=1&SI=TC&FM=8&OB=1

and then go here and register (free):

http://www.greytale.com

and then go here:

http://www.greytale.com/wp/?s=grave

That should give you all that you want and more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkolyana
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012

Hm, I don't have a Symbols/Cities/Filled/Miscellanrous.fsc ... I believe I own all tthe PF software, so I clearly haven't installed ... something ... pewp. JimP .. any idea where that comes from?

Vintyri - thankyou; I believe I have some of your symbols (!) I will check out those other sources - many thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVintyri
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012 edited

Posted By: kolyanaHm, I don't have a Symbols/Cities/Filled/Miscellanrous.fsc ... I believe I own all tthe PF software, so I clearly haven't installed ... something ... pewp. JimP .. any idea where that comes from?.

The correct paths for CC3 are:

ProFantasy/CC3/Symbols/Cities/CD3/Vector Classic/Miscellaneous.fsc

and

ProFantasy/CC3/Symbols/Cities/CD3/Vector Shaded/Miscellaneous.fsc

These all are older vector symbols that originated with CD2.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012

Posted By: kolyanaHm, I don't have a Symbols/Cities/Filled/Miscellanrous.fsc ... I believe I own all tthe PF software, so I clearly haven't installed ... something ... pewp. JimP .. any idea where that comes from?

Symbols is under the CC3 folder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkolyana
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012

Hey Jim - yes, I'm very familiar with the paths, I just do not have this: Symbols/Cities/Filled/Miscellanrous.fsc, which must mean I do not have something installed.

Vin - thankyou; I did find those (thinking of copying them too to a "ruins" folder to make things easier on this front). I might have to spiff them up, though, the Vectors don't fit with the PNGs too well.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Sorry, not sure what symbol set they are from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I believe those catalogs are remains from the CD Pro compatibility update. I notice I also have them on my laptop which is an old install, but they are missing from my newer installs.. The equivalent catalog from CD3 is #Symbols\Cities\CD3\Vector Shaded\CD3C Miscellaneous.fsc.
    • CommentAuthorClercon
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012

I'd love if we could get a ruined city style in a future Annual. That would really fill in a missing piece in the CD3 style collection.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012

Posted By: ClerconI'd love if we could get a ruined city style in a future Annual. That would really fill in a missing piece in the CD3 style collection.

There are a number of us who would love such a set. Connecting symbols to, to help make ruined cities of several sizes and shapes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012

Idea noted. Sounds like a doable thing.
    • CommentAuthorGreebo
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012

Posted By: ClerconI'd love if we could get a ruined city style in a future Annual. That would really fill in a missing piece in the CD3 style collection.

I second that.

But cities not only get destroyed, someone has to build them before they could be inhabitated. So symbols depicting construction site and buildings under construction (preferably in historical, fantasy, modern and sience fiction) for CD3 as well as for dungeon sized maps would be great annual issues or symbol sets, too.
    • CommentAuthorTimStoop
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017

So did this ever become a set that I can buy? :)
    I was wondering that myself.
    • CommentAuthorpvernon
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

I don't think so.