Regional map South West Ashara desert

Had some extra time and decided to make a small map.
The map isn't finished yet but I wanted to show :-)

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• When I was younger I LOVED this style! Even today I really like how the mountains show off. Congratulatinos. One thing that you might consider (if you are concerned about "reality") is to move yuor desert a litle more to the center or put another mountain chain blocking the umidy form the sea to get to it. One thing that did not liked in your map was the glow on the rivers and the colour of the ocean. I would put a darker blue.
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    Updated map.

@Mateus090985
    Glad you like the map.
    Reality isn't the most important aspect. But when you look at the north coast of Africa you see that it gets quite close to the Mediterranean sea.
    You are right about about the glow in the rivers. Was experimenting with effects and forgot to remove them.
    The sea is actually much more blue when seen in the original map and when printed. Its the conversion to a jpeg that makes it kinda purple.
  • DargurdDargurd Traveler
    Its looking really good so far. Can i ask what the 'X's are on the desert area ?
  • Another sugestion would be to smoother the borders of the Elven Forest. They are a little too square for my taste. Have you considered put another shade of blue on the ocean to give the impression of diferent deeps?
  • Great map Henrie, have you considered using the EDGE FADE,INNER effect instead of GLOW for the edge of the Ashara desert, you could also use it for the Deep Desert as well; they would then blend into each other and the grasslands next to the mountains as well. Following Dargurd's question with my own: What is Tor Bogal and why is it surrounded by a unique shage of green? Keep up the good work!
  • Posted By: jonasgreenfeatherWhat is Tor Bogal and why is it surrounded by a unique shage of green? Keep up the good work!
    My impression was that Tor Borgal was a swamp. And it have an evil castle(?) in the middle, probalby is not a good place to visit without some good armored and armed men =)
  • edited May 2012
    My impression was that Tor Borgal was a swamp. And it have an evil castle(?) in the middle, probalby is not a good place to visit without some good armored and armed men =)
    I though so also at first; the name suggests that: BOGal = Bog = Swamp, but the Louwe Marsh is a blue/grey color; that's why I love mapping: it inspires questioning and adventuring, and the occasional encounter with dragons that don't turn out so well :)
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    The X's in the desert are oasis.
    Allthough there is a bit of trading, the desert nomads aren't to frienly and on a regular basis raid caravans, cities and each other
    Thats where the Tor's come in. They are the fortified towns/cities that guard the rest of the land.
    Tor Bogal is in a moor, hence the green color.

The effects used are the default effects for this style pack (annual 26).
    For now I have no intentions in using other effects.