Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSkycast
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

Just getting started, but thought I would share my in-progress work on a hex mapping style.
      Hampshire.PNG
    This is really a nice map. It seems to me that it would be extremely game friendly and very expandable.
    • CommentAuthorSven
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

Very nice, I like the soft look & the linen texture to it.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

I like this a lot. What style(s) were you using to make it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

Excellent! Perhaps the coastline s a little blurry? I'd expect land and see to be a bit more strongly delineated. Perhaps adding an actual blue coastline would work (relatively wide and also somewhat blurred to match the rest of style)?
    I was wondering if anyone would ever post a map in this style, this looks good! I have two suggestions: The drop shadow effect from the land is, to me, a little,... destracting. The font you used for the Witchin Wood does stand out but you may want to think about changing it to the font used for your cities/towns. Great start!
    • CommentAuthorSkycast
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited

Making some tweaks...more to come soon.
    • CommentAuthorAvotas
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Pawtucket_Brewery

I know what's inside Pawtucket!
    That is really good! Hex mapping can be difficult. Is there the map where you use figurines to play on?
    • CommentAuthorSkycast

Made some tweaks....things are moving along, but likely not finished yet. Feedback and ideas still welcome...
      Hampshire.PNG
    • CommentAuthorSkycast

I'm not very happy with the icons for structures...still going to have to do something about those. Might want to play around with the font for settlement names as well.