My First Try

My first try using the software. Please let me know what you think and any tips to make it better

Comments

• Good evening Devilfire,

Great first map! I like the pine forest, the waste ringed by mountians and the desert on the north island. Your placement of mountains seems a bit,... linear however; I'd try and relax it a bit, let them "ooze" around the land a little more. Your other forests look great also, at this resolution it looks like you did a lot of individual placement of the trees instead of using the big forrest stamp, which is a real temptation when starting out; my only suggestion for them, similar to your mountians is sprinkle some trees on the edges of the forests, let the forest fade out to the surrounding terrain (it is a rare forest, indeed, that has an actual "edge"). My last observation is the river that leaves the lake in a south westerly direction it seems to cross over another river and create an "X" I'd suggest turing those two into a single "Y" that dumps into the strait between the north and south islands. All in all, good stuff! Can't wait to see more.

Keep Calm
    and
    Map On
  • As Jonas have said, normally rivers dont "split", they "merge". They come from higher altitudes to lower altitudes. Sometimes they form a "lake" in a depression an continue their flow to a SINGLE direction. Otherwise your map is well done. I would also listen to the tips that Jonas gave regarding trees and mountains.

Good work.