First Attempt

Bought the Campaign Cartographer software yesterday (and the fantasy symbols add-on) to make some maps for my game.

Very impressed with it, it's nice and not too complicated to make just a basic map.

I've attached my first attempt at making one, which I think turned out okay in the end, although I did struggle with a few things:

1) Making a lake - I used one of the default lake contour thingys, but I just couldn't get the colour/texture of it to look right :/

2) Rivers/Roads - When you look at this example (http://www.profantasy.com/library/SS1_Example.pdf) the rivers and roads (rivers especially) are quite meandering, with lots of little bends in them, but I could only get mine to be quite smooth and curved.

3) Contours - I was probably doing something wrong, as it worked when I followed the tutorial videos, but I couldn't get the counters to work very well to put under mountains & trees and whatnot. I would draw the counter, give it an effect in the sheet, redraw and it would just disappear... :/

Comments