Two More Symbols Completed (WARNING - Graphic Imagery)

Hi guys.
Was thinking about some of the new symbols that I did - and I thought "Hey - I've got symbols for uncharted islands, pirate waters, treasure chests, but what am I missing for possible excursions onto remote islands and jungles and such - as far as stuff that might be encountered are concerned that might've been indicated on old maps? (I knew that SOMETHING was missing).

I then had my eureka moment after pondering old movies like Tarzan, Raiders, White Zombie (with Bela Lagosi - a classic), King Kong, Pirates Of The Carribean, Swiss Family Robinson, etc., etc., So forth...And then it struck upon me....

HEADHUNTERS AND CANNIBALS - YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Next up...AMAZONS!!! Lol.

Somehow I knew that all of those years laying on the couch watching reruns of Gilligan's Island would pay off! Lol :) .

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Greetings!

I've been watching your work with interest. A curious question:

Do you intend to stay in the vector mode, or do you have plans to release raster symbols too?

Happy Easter Sunday!
  • edited April 2012
    Vintyri, Greetings my friend!

All of the symbols ARE raster images inately in the .PNG format. When the entire collection is finished - it will be submitted to Profantasy to be released at their discretion as CC3 Symbol Catalogue(s), and before they are submitted, they will be converted to CC3 format.

At some future point I MAY decide to sell or freely dispense them (the original images) through my own resources - and via other unrelated or "somewhat" related venues as full resolution clipart, although before I do - as a courtesy - I would like to confer with Profantasy concerning whether or not that may, or may not pose possible marketing or promotional issues. Such issues and considerations either way at this point are completely hypothetical and academic until this project is complete.

This project will be a resource for the Profantasy user's community - and it began as an effort to create a Profantasy CC3 catalogue(s) of symbols to share in some way with the community. The ultimate fate of the original source images is at this point undecided, and not immediately foreseeable.

The images "appear" to be vector images because they are hand drawn with ink and paper, scanned into the computer and digitized via a CX6000 scanner, and then post edited.
  • edited April 2012
    BEHOLD - an Amazon!!! ...Ok - I'll do a couple more, just to add options, lol.
  • 10 days later
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Very nice, but unless I'm mistaken, the 'Legendary Amazon Women" would 'sacrifice' a certain part of their anatomy to allow for easier use of the bow. Just something I heard through the grapevine, you may want to research it further.

I
  • edited April 2012
    Posted By: IthrilVery nice, but unless I'm mistaken, the 'Legendary Amazon Women" would 'sacrifice' a certain part of their anatomy to allow for easier use of the bow. Just something I heard through the grapevine, you may want to research it further.

I
    Actually Ithril I am aware of that rather - um - disturbing element of folklore, lol - but I really didn't consider that during the process of drawing her, I was going for more of an Angelina Jolie, meets Mariah Carry effect, lol :). Being a huge fan of - well - "boobies", and being somewhat of a "Booby Maven", that particular modification did not inherently occurr to me, I was going for more of an "aesthetically enticing" effect - as opposed to "archeosociological accuracy" lol. You are however correct - but it's very likely that I will not be expressing that element of folklore in my artwork - as it would make me cry profusly, as well as causing others to question my sanity even more than they already do, lol.
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Well said. Thanks for the lol's :)

I
  • Being a huge fan of - well - "boobies", and being somewhat of a "Booby Maven", that particular modification did not inherently occurr to me,
    You and my hubby would get along well. ((giggles))
  • edited April 2012
    Posted By: Shessar
    Being a huge fan of - well - "boobies", and being somewhat of a "Booby Maven", that particular modification did not inherently occurr to me,
    You and my hubby would get along well. ((giggles))
    Please keep in mind Shessar that it's pretty typical with us guys - and is purely an infantile hold over (please don't get me started on Frued, lol).