Dunver - Overland satellite style CC3

ClerconClercon Betatester Traveler
I decided to try out the latest style from this years annual, the Overland Satellite style.
The map is completely done in CC3, except for the labeling that I made in Photoshop (mostly because I work much quicker in PS then in CC3)

I really liked the style, it was easy to work with and the only problem I had was that the rivers came out fainter (then in CC3) when exporting them in Cute Pdf. Don't know why but I increased the glow effect on the sheet to make it look ok.
For a larger version of the map, you can find it on my blog (mappingworlds.wordpress.com)

I hope you like it.

Comments

• I bought the 2012 Annual because of this style but when I tryed it I did not liked it... But you achieved a bealtiful amp here =)_

Congratulations.
  • ClerconClercon Betatester Traveler
    Well I liked it, but I must admit that before you apply the effects it looks like s**t. It is also the only style i know about where more is more. The more things you put in the map the better the result. First I just added a few things, and it didn't really look that nice, so i just added in a lot of stuff and the result really got much better. So give it a try again :)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Folks, your really creating a huge amount of especially nice maps lately. Cool stuff!
  • Very nice map, Clercon!

Clercon said: "but I must admit that before you apply the effects it looks like s**t"

Yeah, that's why I'm amazed how folks like Ralf can put together all these little "ugly" patches of fill styles and have the sheet effects make them all work together and form a beautiful map. CC3 with the sheet effects really takes the old CC2 CAD program out of the realm of scientific/engineering objective precision and into the world of subjective art. I highly recommend going through Ralf's maps with the sheet effects off and picking them apart with the Info -> List command if you want to learn a few tricks.
  • ClerconClercon Betatester Traveler
    Thanks for the comments, and Jaerdaph I can just agree with you about the CC3 sheet effects.
  • Cool - and give the fractalise button a try - I think it will help make the landmasses stand out even more. Do a Save As on your original map first though and save it with a new file name in case you don't like the results.