Bryce 7 Pro, Hexagon 2.5, & Daz Studio 4 Pro Are Free

For those that don't know. Digital Art Zone (DAZ) is offering Bryce 7 Pro, Hexagon 2.5, & DAZ Studio 4 Pro for free till February 29, 2012. Some of the plugins that are available separately too that are included with Studio 4 Pro are free too. So you can grab Studio 4 Pro and the separate plugins so you can have them for DAZ Studio 3 if you have that. I'd throw both in my cart even if I didn't have Studio 3.

Bryce and DAZ studio have been mentioned before on the forum.

Bryce is a great to compliment Fractal Terrains Pro 3 and can be used to make trees, etc for CC3 symbols.

DAZ works great for making character portraits, and other things.

Hexagon is a 3D modeling program and you can use it to make some 3D object to turn into new symbols for CC3.

Comments

• !!! What an excelent news!
  • What Old Guy said!

I'm definitely snagging this. :)
  • SNAGGIN ' N BAGGIN IT NOW ME HARDEES - YYAAAAHHHHHHH-HHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm working on some tutorials on using 3D software with CC3. I had started on this a few months ago, but I'm going to redo some stuff to use Studio 4 screenshots in a few sections. The first one is going to be on Alpha Channels. What is an Alpha Channel? Do I need one? And some other things to be aware of when using them and exporting.

Some other quick notes.

Several of the plugins as I mentioned before are available for free too till the 29th so you can snag them too if you want them for the older Studio 3 & alternate serial key to use them. The exact ones are:

3D Photoshop Bridge
    FBX Plug-in for DAZ Studio
    Texture Atlas for DAZ Studio

The serial key that is in the separate 3D Photoshop Bridge will work in the free version of Studio 4 Pro till the new installers get fixed to let the free Studio 4 Pro key work in it.

The Bridge does work with very limited functionality in Elements.

If you want to have the Bridge in Studio 3 & 4 install one version into your alternate plugins folder in Photoshop. Ask on the Daz Forums if you need technical help with this.

Decimator for DAZ Studio is not part of the free version of Studio 4 Pro. If you want it you can buy it while it is on sale. It was part of the paid version of Studio 4, which has a different serial key.

If you are a complete beginner to using DAZ they have several new content starter Bundles. New user get a coupon on one starter bundle if I remember correctly. For a gamer & CC3 user of all new ones being offered I'd recommend.

Genesis Starter Bundle
    Genesis Anime Starter Bundle
    Genesis Fantasy Starter Bundle
    Genesis Scifi Starter Bundle

But check out all the other Starter Bundles and not just the new Genesis specific ones as those might be of better use to use you.

Snag, the other free content items they have too.

Several older items content are on sale till the 29th too that are of use to gamer. The Orc Breeds Bundle which is one of the sale items is cheaper than buying the components of it separately which are also on sale too by the way.

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

Do not ask technical questions about using the software on the Profantsy Forum, ask them on the DAZ Forum.
  • Actually DAZ BRYCE is extremely partnerable with FT3 for realistic planetary views, and CC3 for "globe" views of CC3 maps. I'm going to explore those venues further!
  • I've got all their free stuff... now I just hope I can find the time someday to find out what it all does : )
  • 12 months later
  • Has anyone had success getting the FT files into Bryce?
  • Posted By: blatherHas anyone had success getting the FT files into Bryce?
    Actually blather - it doesn't work like that.

#1, FIRST - you create a shereical projection map of your world in FT3, FTPRO, whatever - and save / export your map as a .bmp, .png, or jpeg map. into a desktop folder, or your windows DOCUMENTS > PICTURES folder.

#2, NEXT - you open bryce - and after setting up your background / sky as a plain black backdrop or a starfield, and then deleting the groundplane - you create a sphere.

#3, you use your Fractal Terrains world map that you made to create an image based Bryce material (covered in the Bryce tuts / help files) within bryce,

#4, THEN - you apply the new mat to the sphere in BRYCE.

The results are like this:
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Cool! Thanks for sharing this news!

~Dogtag
  • Check their store monthly, especially around Christmas, they sometimes have freebies of various items. Note that while the software is free, items like buildings, human models, clothes, accessories for characters, etc. cost money. Sometimes very expensive.

But I do enjoy working with the software. I'm working on learning it, so I can do both Profantasy and DAZ items for Crestar.