Cutting and pasting between maps

Hello, all.

I'm feeling a tad dim, here. I created a map in CC3 and am quite happy with the continent and surrounding islands. However, I'm not as thrilled with the template I chose. Not seeing a way to change the template (and assuming that it's a one-time choice when creating the map) I figured I'd cut to the clipboard and then paste into a new map with a different template. However, it appears I'm doing something wrong.

I hid the other layers, so only the LAND and common layers are showing. Then I right-click on the COPY icon, choose COPY TO CLIPBOARD and then drag a square across the map, which selects everything there. I then right-click and choose DO IT. Then I Create a New Map using a different template. However, when I attempt to paste to the new map, I get an error message indicating that the clipboard is empty.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    After selecting "Do It", CC3 prompt you for the clipboard origin. You need to complete this step before the data is actually copied to the clipboard. Normally, the best alternative is to just hit enter to accept the default (0,0), or click roughly in the middle of your selection to have the origin in the centre if that is more appropriate in the situation. You can of course choose any coordinates you please.
  • Ah! Excellent, thank you. I'll test that when I get home, tonight. I was just watching Joseph Sweeney's excellent video tutorials. They're VERY illuminating.

Can't wait to get some mapping done! =)